I am very pleased to share that I have begun a new research chapter in Lyon, France, as a Fellow of the Collegium of Lyon, University of Lyon, for the 2026–2027 fellowship program. My research project, “Embodiment and Narrativity after Stroke: A Phenomenology–Neuroscience Dialogue,” was selected by the Scientific Advisory Board of the Collegium. I will be based in Lyon from September 2026 to February 2027.
My project explores how embodiment and narrativity are intertwined in the reconstruction of selfhood after stroke. Drawing on phenomenology, particularly Merleau-Ponty, and narrative theory, especially Ricoeur, I will examine how bodily experience and the stories we tell about ourselves can mutually shape one another.
An important part of this fellowship is its interdisciplinary setting. I will work in dialogue with researchers in phenomenology and cognitive neuroscience, including Professor Yves Rossetti’s group, whose research addresses sensorimotor adaptation and neural plasticity. Through this collaboration, I hope to explore how first-person experience and neuroscientific perspectives can inform one another.
I am excited to spend the coming months in Lyon and to develop these ideas through conversations and collaborations with researchers here. I look forward to seeing where this new research journey will lead.